Saturday, January 23, 2010

ICLW

I am not quite sure what ICLW week is, but it looks like one of the requisites is a summary. I am not sure I want to relive all of my stupid mistakes and assumptions but here it is.

I am 42 and P is 36. We got married in July of 2005 and started trying to conceive in November 2006. In December 2007 went to a reproductive endocrinologist. FSH was 8.8 and all of the plumbing looked OK. Doc recommended no major intervention. WTF? Are you kidding me. I was nearing 40 and had been trying for a year and IVF wasn't suggested. Tried 3 clomid cycles in the summer.

Decided it was time to go scientific. Started IVF procedures in Fall of 2008. FSH was 15. First long lupron cycle canceled due to lack of stimulation. Ovulated after lupron was removed and underwent IUI when I went in for antral follicle check. Had to do a clomid IUI cycle because office had a national meeting in November and anesthesiologists didn't want to work over Christmas. IVF attempt 2 in January lupron flare, 6 follicles 1 egg retrieved didn't fertilize. February IVF converted to IUI. BFN. Switched clinics. April ganirelix used for pre cycle suppression. Only 3 antral follicles. RE recommended moving to DE. November DE cycle 19 egg retrieved, 12 fertilized, 2 5 day grade AA blasts transferred . BFP 9dp5dt, HCG 370, two days later HCG 160. Lining declared an issue. January 2010 went through mock cycle with injectible estrogen, had uterine biopsy. Awaiting results. FET planned for Feb 10, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment